Zenith’s offerings at the inaugural LVMH Watch Week Dubai included two new Defy 21s (Land Rover Edition, Carl Cox edition), an A384 Revival with a ladder bracelet, two new Type 20 Rescue Editions (Rescue and Chronograph Rescue), and a revamp and re-positioning of the Elite. However, the promotional focus was on women’s watches, so they will be the subject of this first post.
In a 36mm stainless steel case with a water resistance of 100m, the new Classic Defy Midnight is an integrated bracelet sports watch that comes in six variants, all of which have diamond markers on a star-themed dial, but three of which also have diamond bezels.
Available in dials of mother-of-pearl or glossy blue or grey with a vertical gradient effect, the decorative stars are clustered on the top half of the dial, with the Zenith star holding court. Some of the stars are lumed. Whereas the blue and grey dials are intended to evoke the night, the mother-of-pearl one represents moonlight on a cloudy night. The hands are rhodium-plated and faceted, and filled with Super-LumiNova. Diamond-wise, the eleven brilliant-cut diamond indices total 0.1 carats.
Beneath the open case back is the automatic Elite 670 SK with a new star-shaped oscillating weight, beating at 28,800VPH and with a power reserve of 50 hours.
Although coming on an integrated steel bracelet, the Defy Midnight joins the increasing ranks of watches which come with additional straps. There is a quick change mechanism to aid in the ease of swapping between bracelet, satin, and leather straps. In fact, each watch will come in a box that includes three additional straps as well as an interchangeable folding clasp.
The pricing of the new models is as follows :
1. Defy Classic Midnight gradiant grey dial – RRP 8,900 CHF/ 12,900 AUD
2. Defy Classic Midnight gradiant blue dial – RRP 8,900 CHF/ 12,900 AUD
3. Defy Classic Midnight gradiant mother-of-pearl dial – RRP 8,900 CHF/ 12,900 AUD
4. Defy Classic Midnight gradient blue dial diamond set bezel – RRP 10,900 CHF/ 15,800 AUD
5. Defy Classic Midnight gradient grey dial diamond set bezel – RRP 10,900 CHF/ 15,800 AUD
6. Defy Classic Midnight gradiant mother-of-pearl diamond set bezel – RRP 10,900 CHF/ 15,800 AUD
Integrated bracelet watches are popular across the board, and this new collection from Zenith gives a new option for those who are looking for one with a solid brand on the dial, good movement inside, and with a bit of star-themed decoration as well.
[Photo credit : Zenith]